Tuesday, March 5, 2013

In the Middle

Revelation 14:1 Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father's name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps. 3 They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb…  14 Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and on the cloud sat One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle. 15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud, "Thrust in Your sickle and reap, for the time has come for You to reap, for the harvest of the earth is ripe." 16 So He who sat on the cloud thrust in His sickle on the earth, and the earth was reaped. 17 Then another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle. 18 And another angel came out from the altar, who had power over fire, and he cried with a loud cry to him who had the sharp sickle, saying, "Thrust in your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth, for her grapes are fully ripe." 19 So the angel thrust his sickle into the earth and gathered the vine of the earth, and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. 20 And the winepress was trampled outside the city, and blood came out of the winepress, up to the horses' bridles, for one thousand six hundred furlongs.

At the mid-point of the Tribulation we clearly see there is no middle ground on earth.

There never has been.

I spent the first 38 years of my life thinking I lived in the middle-ground. It was the land in-between believing in Christ, (I did believe in Christ, as far back as I can remember,) and the living in the world, as if there was no eternity to live for.

That was a death-defying choice I was making back then, but I never realized it. I thought it would be cooler to stay in a sort-of inoffensive position, where I fed the flesh and never really acknowledged the Spirit except on the occasions of Christmas or Easter, or perhaps when I heard a particularly moving sermon or song.

I was bound for eternal death in that condition, but I never realized it because I was bound. And, blind. And, deaf. (I was dumb.) I could live the way I did because I was Spiritually dead – only I didn’t know it because I didn’t care to find out why.

With this presentation in overview form of what is to take place in the remaining years, (known as The GREAT Tribulation,) John takes the blinders off. There is no longer a way out - save for death. Those who choose to FOLLOW Christ in that day will do more than step into the Light – they will step into the fear of immediate death, (no longer loving their lives to death.) These will be days of meaningful choice.

Also note however, those who choose to ‘go with the anti-Christ flow’ will not be spared of anything. Just as today – there is absolutely no benefit to following the spirit of anti-Christ beyond perception. Reality is a rough deal during the Tribulation, because the result of your choice will be immediate. (Salvation – or sickle.)

-Pastor Bill

No comments: